Thursday 16 September 2010

My Initial music proposal!

For my music video, I came up with 3 ideas of songs that I could take on to film. It was hard to think of the songs to do because i had to look at the video's and see how i could make my video different from the original. My three songs were:

1. 'One step at a time' by Jordin sparks http://www.youtube.com/watchv=PjiVyxj0gZ8&feature=search
2. 'Put your records on' by Corinne Bailey Rae

3. 'Here Come the Girls' by the sugar babes (unfortunately there was not a video link for this song).
I had some ideas that were usable but also that weren't as some if my ideas had been done before. Unfortunately, due to the songs being released to recent in time, and having a lot of advertising through the video, i could not use any of these songs. However I have been looking for other song that fit the criteria, to use as my song.

I am looking more into the song 'Can't touch this' by Mc Hammer. I think this would be a good song to do for the video, because it a big dance song which a lot of people like. I think it would be good to film as there is quite a few creative things that I could do for different scenes in the video. Here is a link to the 'Cant touch it' video. - MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This (video oficial)

Also I had an idea of doing 'La Macarena' by Los Del Rio. I think this too will be a fun, up-beat song to do for my video. It would involve a lot of performers so it would have a good atmosphere to the video but it would also be a bit hard as I would have to rely on all the performers to come on the same day to do the filming.

The other idea I had was to do 'Everybody's free' by Rozalla. This would be an interesting song to do as there are lots of creative things I could do. It is also a quite big dance number song so, the cuts would have to be short edits to keep a fast but steady pace. Here is a link to the video - Aquagen feat. Rozalla - Everybody's free (original video)




No comments:

Post a Comment